Sunday, May 8, 2011

Life is a Roller Coaster! Or Maybe a Ferris Wheel?


Quick update. I, Jess, am back in Cheyenne for my REAL job. Woohoo! About to take over the Financial Services Flight at Warren. I'm excited to lead about 15 ncos/airmen for probably the next coming year! Currently I am house sitting for some friends who are at ASBC, but as soon as they return I will be able to move into the house we are renting down in Ft. Collins! Can't wait. (the sooner we move in, the sooner we can get a dog!)

Tom is still out in California. He had some complications with his missilear job out there and it turns out he doesn't have to be a missilear anymore! yay! But now we are waiting to hear where he will be going next. More news on that to come! Feel free to call for more of an update.

(btw picture above here is the new outfit Tom got me for my birthday! Gotta look stylish when going for a run! Signed up for the Garden of the Gods 10 mile race in June! Should be fun, especially with the new outfit! I was tired of Air Force grey and blue...no offense...haha)

Just today, we bought tickets for Tom to come visit over our anniversary weekend! I'm super sad that I'm going to miss tom's 22nd birthday on May 16th, but at least we will get to spend our one year together! I have the top of our cake ready to be eaten in the freezer! Hope its still good! haha!

As the title states, life is somewhat like a roller coaster or maybe a ferris wheel? (referencing pictures below). There are many ups! Birthday weekends, wedding weekends, ice cream. But life has not been the easiest with the distance and the business and now waiting to hear about Tom's job. But all we can do is continue to love each other, love life, and trust in God. We know His Will will be done and there's no reason to worry about the future because He will take care of us. So don't worry about us, we always appreciate the prayers but we are still in good spirits! :) Now, on to the fun part....

For my birthday weekend at the end of April, I had the wonderful blessing to visit my husband in Calllifffoorrnniiaaaaaa! (cue "OC" theme music). We had a wonderful four day weekend on the coast with beautiful skies and lots of memories. Here are a few snap shots of all that we did!

Here is Tom and I at the Hitching Post in Santa Maria. They are famous for their steaks! Especially the dry rub tri-tip steak made famous in this part of the country. Dan O'Bryant gave us the heads up about this lovely restaurant, and it definitely met our expectations! We split a 15oz steak with a salad, shrimp cocktail, bread, and side included!

I convinced Tom that he couldn't move away from California without going to a few wineries. On the way to his home from the airport, we stopped in the little Danish town called Solvang. We visited two wineries for wine tasting and had some Danish pastries! Tom was a trooper even though he doesn't really like wine or pastries. Haha! We found a great sweet wine that even Tom loved! (And he can be hard to please when it comes to wine). Its a Olallieberry (say that 5 times fast) based wine that will go great with cheesecake. Jon and Lindsey Randall better be ready for a double date night!

Here's my sweetie in front of the first winery. Truthfully, the Olive House was a kind of lame experience. The girl who served us read the name off the bottle of the wine and continued texting while we sat there. The second place, Royal Oaks, was great though! The gentleman who served us had the best handle bar mustache I've seen in a while! Thats where we bought the berry wine.

Tom and I thought we would stop for a few pictures. We weren't in a hurry so we took the back roads back to Santa Maria. The views were absolutely breath taking. More pictures on my Facebook in my birthday album.

Another picture from our Hitching Post visit! Would have been a perfect picture if the little boy hadn't been in there. Haha. I have so much fun just hanging out with my hubby! Not only did we enjoy great food but we got to play tennis, go to the golfing range, watch The King's Speech (which was great btw), and hang out with Tom's brother and his wife!

Bob and Shawna drove down from Travis to hang out for the weekend! Here are the newly weds after making delicious smoothies from fresh strawberries straight from the strawberry fields. We thought ice cold smoothies would taste great after the driving range! Also, Bob and Shawna taught us how to play Golf the card game, and we taught them how to play Euker. They had beginners luck and beat us...but we'll see about that next time!!!

Bob and Shawna very graciously took us out to dinner for my birthday. We took advantage of the new Red Lobster shrimp deal!!! Shawna was a trooper because she doesn't even really like seafood! We have such good siblings!

In honor of the strawberry festival there was a country fair within walking distance from Tom's house! We rode one of the spinning rides and I think we had an advantage over everyone else. With Bob and Tom anchoring us down and strong muscles to turn the wheel, I'm pretty sure we had a ride like no one else!

After the whole evening of waiting, we finally got a ride on the ferris wheel! Not quite as romantic as we thought it would be (kind of creaky and old) but still a fun experience to share! (These two need to get a room though... "Wish there was a curtain...")

Tom and I on the ferris wheel! Trying to keep warm so snuggling close!


At the end of the weekend we met Liz Hermann in San Lois Obisbo for lunch! We walked around "SLO" as they call it and stopped by the famous "gum wall." Apparently the foundation of the building is eroding because of all of the spit on the wall. Eww gross!

That's about it for my trip to California. Hope you guys enjoyed the pictures! Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Aw this is such an enthusiastic post... I am glad that you are happy and doing well! Great to hear about Tom not having to be a missiler anymore but hopefully you will find out soon that you can be stationed together or at least closeby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Valerie... keep upbeat! And post as soon as you know about Tom's base. What a fun Cali trip though! And yay for Dan having a good dinner recommendation -- they know their stuff! :) How gross about the gum wall's spit ruining the foundation. Did you add a piece? When in SLO...

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!