Monday, October 4, 2010

Our Colorado Springs Date Weekend!

So this past weekend Tom came out to visit me in Colorado!!!!  I picked him up from the Denver Airport mid-morning Friday so that we could enjoy as much of the weekend together as possible! And that we did :)

Friday we saw The Social Network with the Carlson parents! That was quite an adventure because at first, our screen was super dim.  We could barely even see the previews for the movie.  After five minutes into the movie, a manager came in apologizing for the technical difficulties and told us we could join the next showing that started at 1020PM. We also received extra movie tickets for the inconvenience of having to watch the 20 minutes of previews. :) The movie was awesome! I wasn't bored one second, and I would definitely watch it again!

Saturday morning we woke up early to run to the Jeep dealer to talk about Jerry's third break down that occurred the Thursday before Tom flew out here.  :( We still don't know what's wrong with the Jeep! The ghost mystery is becoming quite annoying.  Hopefully the Jeep dealer in Santa Maria will figure out what's wrong, so Tom can actually trust his new car.

After the Jeep dealer we headed off to the Academy.  We began tailgating around 10 that morning, and it's a good thing we went to the game early! Every seat in the stadium was full! While tailgating before the game got to see the Tigers, Aitkens, 2010ers, and a variety of other old friends along the way!  It was so great to see so many familiar faces :) Also I just love eating a nice juicy steak sipping at a Corona Light at 1030 in the morning...lol.  

For seating, Erik's company had VIP tickets for the game that they weren't using, and he graciously let us use them even though we had already bought our tickets! We got to watch the game from the Press Box, which is definitely an upgrade from cadet seating lol.  It was comfy up there with free food and drinks, (and air conditioning because the day was kind of cool).  I think though, in retrospect that I kind of just missed the crowd's energy...The press box was very subdued and quiet.  Thankfully Trudy and Chris joined us for the last quarter up-top, which was fantabulous fun! (I know I make up words)

After Air Force, BEAT Navy (for the first time in 7 years) Tom and I tried to go eat at the new micro brewery in front of Hollywood theaters, but sadly the wait was an hour and a half! Apparently when they are having Oktoberfest and celebrating class reunions after the AF/Navy game, a lot of people want to eat there. Who knew? So instead we went to my favorite wings place...Buffalo Wild Wings aka Bdubs!!!! I just love the mango habanero wings :)

After dinner we headed over to Trudy's and Chris's house, but Tom thought it would be a great idea to spontaneously stop by the Haunted Mines! Ahhhh! I'd never been there despite driving past it for the past 4 years, so Tom thought it was about high time for both of us to give it a try....Whew. Let me tell you, if you like haunted houses, then you'll like the haunted mines in Colorado Springs! Creeeeepppyyy.

Sunday morning we went to church at New Life (yay! I miss that church...), golfed at Flying Horse, and then ate "Linner" at the Centurion (that micro brewery), which was thankfully not busy at 230 in the afternoon on a Sunday.  It was so great hanging out with Trudy and Chris all day, such a blessing to have such great role models in our lives! And who are so fun too :)

Tom and I watched our second to last episode of One Tree Hill that we have on disk Sunday afternoon, and then just hung out the rest of the time because his flight wasn't suppose to leave until 925Pm.  We drove to Denver.  I dropped him off at like 740PM.  And of course, he texts me at 830 saying his flight was canceled due to fog! Ahhh!  Thankfully all of that worked out, but man, we have just being have tough love with flights lately.

It was quite a sad goodbye between the two of us, since I probably won't see him again until Rich and Caroline's wedding...but at least it was an Awesome Date weekend for Tom and I in Colorado Springs.  That place is more and more like home every time we visit! Can't wait until the next time we're in town :)

1 comment:

  1. Shaun and I ate Mango Habanero wings at Bdubs during the Navy game too! Go Falcons! So jealous you were back in the Springs... :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!